Sunday 19 January 2014

Our Home Made Pancakes Recipe-



Weekends are made for pancakes.  One of the simple pleasures we all enjoy is our pancake breakfasts on Saturday mornings, everyone in our family loves the delicious taste of fluffy pancakes, and I love the closeness it brings to our family it starts our Saturdays off on the right note.  I mix up a double batch of our homemade pancakes with a little help from my beautiful assistant lady Grace and the kids set the table, we warm up the maple syrup and cut up some fresh strawberries or blueberries to go with them, every once in a while we make bacon and it always gets gobbled up as soon as I place the plate on the table and my hubby always seems to find the need to taste test it right out of the oven.   Once I have a heaping stack of fluffy, golden brown pancakes we all sit down to eat and share some laughs around the table.  We always make our pancakes from scratch, for a couple of reasons they taste soooo much better than the premixed boxes, are healthier for us and don’t have any of the yucky stuff that makes my baby girl sick, but making pancakes from scratch doesn’t have to be time consuming, I mix up a large batch of the dry ingredients of my mix  to keep on hand and then when we want to make up pancakes all we need to do is add the wet ingredients. 
I've had this recipe for so long I don't even remember where I found it, the paper it is written on is splattered with mix and slightly faded, always a good indication of a well loved recipe.  

Homemade pancake recipe

Dry Ingredients Wet Ingredients
1 cup flour 1 cup milk
2 tablespoons of sugar 2 tablespoons vinegar ( mix into milk and let sit for a
1 teaspoon baking powder few minutes )
½ teaspoon baking soda 1 egg
½ teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons melted butter



Pre-made Mix Directions

Mix together 1 cup of your mix with 1 cup milk, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter.  Ladle spoonfuls of mix onto a heated skillet flip when you see bubbles appear in the centre.  Garnish with your choice of fruit and real maple syrup.   If you are making the recipe from scratch mix together all dry ingredients then add in your wet.



(I double the recipe to feed my family of six keeping in mind that  four of them are males and eat a lot!!! We usually have a few left over that the kids will either grab and eat as a snack or that I wrap up and throw in the freezer for a quick breakfast through the week.  I do on occasion whip up a very large batch of pancakes for just this purpose I freeze them and then we take them out and throw them into the toaster to heat them up. )

That’s me for today living life one puzzle piece at a time and enjoying some yummy pancakes.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment