Monday 27 January 2014

Tickle Wars-- From the archives.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 16, 2010

Tickle Wars

I know it’s going to be a good day when I wake up to the sound of Gray laughing in his room and counting down 1,2,4 go…yep he took his Nintendo DS to bed with him last night and apparently when he woke up this morning decided that he was going to play race cars. He just kept saying over and over 1, 2, 4 go…and then he would break out into giggles. When I rolled over to look at the clock I was even more pleasantly surprised it was 9:15 and Gracie was still sleeping. Yep life is good even the large pile of dirty laundry couldn’t take the grin off of my face. It wasn’t long after that and Gracie started to stir and then I heard the pitter patter of her little feet as she ran across her room to the door. I met her at the door because she is still to itty bitty to reach the door handle a blessing since she doesn’t like to stay in her bed at night. When I opened her door she greeted me with one of her lopsided grins and her medusa hair all over the place, holding her teddy under her arm and a purse over her shoulder yes she really is a little diva or at least she tries to be, most of the time though she has a purse over her shoulder and mud on her nose. She is a very cute but very messy little girl. She quickly ran into her big brothers room, she absolutely adores him. Unlike most mornings where he looks at her and tells her “Gracie Go!” pointing her out of his room this morning he actually let her crawl into bed with him, she was ecstatic and her little grin got even bigger if that is at all possible they stayed there cuddled together for a little while before Gray decided it was time to get up and Gracie obediently followed right on his heels.

After breakfast I managed to clean up the kitchen and start to tackle that dirty laundry pile. I could hear the kids laughing upstairs in the living room while I was downstairs sorting laundry. When I got back upstairs Gracie was rolling around on the ground laughing hysterically as Gray was tickling her. Just then he looked up at me and said “Mommy tickle, tickle.” Well who could resist that, I dropped the clean laundry I had been carrying onto the couch and got down on the ground with my two favorite people to play tickle wars and as I prepared all ten of my fingers to go to battle Gray dropped to the ground laughing and leaving open his belly for the attack. Probably one of the best sounds to hear in the world is your kids laughing from shear joy, it just pulls at the heart strings and you can’t help but smile. We stayed like that the three of us smiling and giggling away for another half hour. Yep today was definitely going to be a great day!

“Enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life”

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment